SPARC is about building community and working together on issues that matter to all of us because we believe civic engagement matters and local action works!
SPARC is a network for Sun Prairie, Wisconsin residents to share news, events, and ideas about local issues. It’s also a space to promote grassroots collaborations that connect individuals so we can work together to support progressive movements.
Sun Prairie Action Resource Coalition (SPARC) is a grassroots information and action network which supports and promotes local involvement to move Sun Prairie and Wisconsin forward.
SPARC resolves to fulfill this mission through the following Actions:
- Campaign for programs and policies which support social justice and people’s rights
- Bring democracy back to the people by promoting proactive local involvement
- Promote government which serves people’s needs rather than corporate needs
- Support political actions which preserve democratic processes and principles
- Keep Sun Prairie informed of state and national politics and policies which affect our community
- Provide resources for citizens to get involved
- Maintain local visibility and an active presence in the community
- Help local citizens find their voices and empower others to speak out
- Build strong connections within the community and with other progressive organizations
- Provide and maintain a local outlet for community-focused news and information free of corporate sponsorship
SPARC meets twice a month (see calendar) and holds regular social events to bring people together to discuss issues that concern and connect our community. To learn more, suggest an agenda item, or get on our email list, contact SunPrairieAction@gmail.com, call (608) 572-1696 or post a comment below.
We look forward to hearing from you and working together! Local action works!“Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world.” – Howard Zinn “One can not be an American by going about saying that one is an American. It is necessary to feel America, like America, love America and then work.”
– Georgia O’Keeffe