LIVE LOCAL, GIVE LOCAL!
Are you looking for ways to #GiveLocal this season?
There are many ways you can give of your time, your money, and your talents year-round, but here are 5 easy ways you can make the holidays happier in Sun Prairie!
1) Help fight hunger in Sun Prairie Schools and support local students!
Support the SPARC Local Action Fund and help us make sure no child learns hungry in Sun Prairie Schools! You can make your tax-deductible donation online at https://www.paypal.com/donate/?token=BSPUblFI6kTFyJ1D88N8Dg0Vp1kfK4Wv_zS9fukpGNs5H7bdIEpHswEEf0F8SnpNRZjlgW&country.x=US&locale.x=US or send a check to SPARC Local Action Fund, 6325 Devonshire Lane, Sun Prairie, WI 53590. Your contributions support the SnackSmart and Hunger Heroes program, and help fund SPARC Student Action Grants to support student leadership and community problem solving!
And don’t forget to shop at the SPUMC Annual Cookie Walk on December 2 – all proceeds benefit Hunger Heroes! If you want to donated cookies for the walk, just drop them off at the church before 7pm on Dec. 1.
2) Keep families warm this winter.
Do you have gently used winter wear that’s ready to be passed on? See some socks or underwear on sale that could help a family in need this winter? Donate your coats, snow pants, mittens, boots, and new undergarments/socks to Card’s Closet! LetsGo C.A.R.D.S. Community Awareness, Resource Development, and Service provides clothing for area families through the school social workers and other agencies AND is an organization started and run by students (and some amazing adult volunteers)! Please make sure your items are tear free and all zippers are in good working condition.
More info on how to donate here: http://www.cardscloset.doodlekit.com/home/how_to_donate
3) Support Sunshine Place! Cash donations go furthest and help provide food to struggling families. The Spirit of Giving program provides holiday baskets to over 400 families and gifts to over 1200 children. Visit http://www.sunshineplace.org/ to learn more about how you can help. Or click here if you’re ready to sponsor a family/child: http://sunshineplace.force.com/spiritofgiving
4) Brighten a child’s birthday with a donation to Box of Balloons, Inc.- Sun Prairie, WI. This organization makes birthday parties a reality for kiddos whose families couldn’t otherwise afford one.
5) Give the gift of giving back! Have someone on your list this year who would truly rather have you give back than give them something they don’t need? Consider a gift donation in their name to one of the great non-profits in our community doing amazing and necessary work where we live! Some of our favorites:
Sun Prairie Community Schools
Sun Prairie Public Library
The Penguin Project of SPCT
Sun Prairie Performing Arts Center
As always, we appreciate your support of the work we are doing at Sun Prairie Action Resource Coalition * SPARC * to build and support a community where everyone thrives here in Sun Prairie!