There are many big events to keep on our calendars this fall – thought an at-a-glance was in order! All events are free and open to the public! JOIN US!
- Oct. 30: Regular SPARC Meeting. 6:30 pm. 3118 Katie Ida Lane. All are welcome!
- Nov. 3: SPARC’s Sun Prairie Progressives Party with Mike McCabe of Wisconsin Democracy Campaign. This is a FUN, agenda-free event to connect and have a good time together. Please feel free to join us whether you’ve been to two meetings or none! RSVP today!
- Nov. 6: Community Conversation on Public Education and discussion of Diane Ravitch’s new book, Reign of Error. 6:30 – 8:30 pm, Sun Prairie Public Library Community Room. RSVP appreciated but not required. Note: Poster attached if you’d like to print and share with your friends, neighbors and colleagues. Note: SPARC Night Out to follow as the conversation continues at Salvatore’s Tomato Pies, 503 West Main.
- Nov. 12: School Board: Special Meeting of the Electorate to vote (again) on the expanded busing proposal approved by voters at the annual meeting. This is a very important meeting as special interest groups are likely to be rallied to attend and we need to make sure all who care about investing in our students and schools make the right decision for our kids and our taxpayers.
- Nov. 14: Diane Ravitch (live and in person) at the Orpheum Theater in Madison. Free and open to the public.
Ever wonder what SPARC stands for? Check out our new graphic!