Get involved – the people who make the decisions are the people who show up. Local action matters!
Here are some upcoming and ongoing training and preparation activities you might find helpful:
- Wisconsin Progress is an organization that exists just to support grassroots progressive candidates. They are ready to help YOU! Learn more at http://wisconsinprogress.org/ or contact them at 608.556.0758 or email@example.com
- Spring Election Training Event: Sat. Dec. 15, 2012 – WisDems is hosting a training for Spring Candidates and Campaign Managers. See more here.
- Emerge Wisconsin helps progressive women get elected.
Here are the specific Council members and School Board Members who will be up for re-election. Note that not all of them may choose to run for re-election, but these seats will be on the ballot regardless.
- Mayor of Sun Prairie: John Murray (incumbent)
- City Council District 1: Russ Fassbender (incumbent; running for reelection)
- City Council District 2: Steve Villand (incumbent; running for reelection)
- City Council District 3: Zach Weber (incumbent, current Council President)
- City Council District 4: Mike Kostelnik (incumbent; has filed non-candidacy papers)
- School Board (3 seats open: incumbents: Caren Diedrich, Steve Schroeder, John Welke)
We strongly encourage anyone who’s considering running for office to get in touch and learn more about the process, how to build community support, and what steps you can take to move forward. We’re happy to talk to you whether you’ve already made a decision or are just exploring the idea. Feel free to call either Al Guyant 608 825 8844 or Heather DuBois Bourenane 608 825-2518 (or any other SPARC member you know!) if you want to chat about how SPARC can help put you in touch with resources and potential support. We’d love to hear from you!